Respecting your privacy and the law
At TCM Egypt we understand the importance of privacy. We respect your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act other and and State legislation, as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information. We ensure that our staff are trained to respect your privacy.
Collecting your personal information
If you are acquiring or have acquired a product or service from TCM Egypt, we will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with the relevant product and service
- managing and administering the product and service
- ensuring your satisfaction of our product and service
TCM Egypt may also collect your personal information for the purpose of letting you know about products and services that might better serve your financial, debt collection, business due diligence, legal and general business needs or other opportunities in which you may be interested.
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information from you. This usually occurs through our Client Services Team when you originally enquire or show interest in our products and services.
In certain cases we collect your personal information from third parties. For example, an existing client may pass your details to us because you have shown interest in one of our products and/or services.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Your sensitive information
Without your consent we will not disclose information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record.
This is subject to some exceptions including:
- disclosure required by law
- when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim
You gaining access to your personal information
You can request access to your personal information. This however is subject to some exceptions allowed by law. Factors affecting a right to access include:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the access sought is based on a frivolous or vexatious request
- the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process
- access would be unlawful
- access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function or negotiations with you
- legal dispute resolution proceedings
- denying access is required or authorized by you or under law
We will give you a reason(s) if we deny access.
TCM Egypt protecting your personal information
We store information in different ways and to the least extent, including on paper and in digital / electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements
- physical workspace, equipment and data security and access management
- data encryption, storage and retrieval
- providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions
- regular employee training, monitoring and assessment
TCM Egypt keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In order to provide you with a high quality experience, we will take reasonable steps via our Clients Services Team to ensure this is the case. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please email us.
Us marketing our products and services
It is our practice to seek your consent to use or disclose your personal information to let you know about, and develop, products and services from across our range that might better serve your financial, debt collection, legal and/or general business needs or other opportunities in which you may be interested. This may be done after an initial marketing contact / product(s) & service(s) discussion.
You using our website
We take care to ensure that the personal information you submit to us via our website is protected. For example, our website has electronic systems in place, including the use of firewall and data encryption. Depending on the services you utilize, user identifiers, passwords or other access codes may also be used to control access to your personal information.
You using online links to other sites from our website
You may be able to access external website by clicking on links we provide. All other website are not subjected to our privacy standards, policies and/or procedures. You will need to contact or review those website directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.